Dhamma Giri, meaning ‘Hill of Dhamma’, is one of the world’s largest meditation centres and the main centre of a rapidly growing global Vipassana organization. It is dedicated to the teaching of Vipassana Meditation as taught by S.N. Goenka in the tradition of Sayagyi U Ba Khin. Dhamma Giri is situated in the town of Igatpuri which is 45 km away from Nashik. Dhamma Giri has become a unique university of the mind to which people from all over the world are welcomed to be established in the practice and theory of Vipassana. As a constant reminder of their selfless Dhamma work to serve all beings, the wind chimes atop the golden pagoda seem to ring the message of service from the Dhammagiri.
1. Vipassana is one of India’s most ancient meditation techniques.
2. It is a technique that will eradicate suffering.
3. It is a method of mental purification
4. Rediscovered by Gotama the Buddha more than 2500 years ago
HOW TO REACH
1. By car its takes 16-20 min appro 6-8km from Hotel Grand Parivaar
(depending on Traffic conditions)